SBI PO Prelims exam 2017 is now over and it is extremely important that you now focus properly on SBI PO Mains Exam. You should not let your attention distract from your goal. Mains Examination is not as difficult as you think, provided you have a clear idea about you should approach it. You can easily clear this exam if you understand the exam pattern. With proper planning, preparation, and the right strategy you can easily crack SBI PO Mains 2017 Exam. Yes, the level of exam has increased a lot but that doesn’t make it impossible to crack.
SBI PO Mains 2017 – Exam Pattern
|S.No.||Name Of The Test||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning And Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 Minutes|
|2.||Data Analysis And Interpretation||35||60||45 Minutes|
|3.||General Awareness About Economy/Banking||40||40||35 Minutes|
|4.||English Language||35||40||40 Minutes|
SBI PO Mains Exam 2016 – Cutoff
Once you are clear with the pattern of the exam, it is essential that you understand the cutoff as well in order to identify the minimum number of questions that you should attempt.
|Reasoning||Data Analysis And Interpretation||General Awareness/Computer||English Language|
|Cut off For General||9||9||13||6|
|Cut off for SC/ST/OBC/OH/VI/HI||6||6||10||4|
Category-wise Overall Cut Off for SBI PO 2016 Mains
We are now going to provide some important tips, which will help you prepare better for SBI PO 2017 Mains Exam.
10 Important Tips to Crack SBI PO Mains Exam in First Attempt
- 1.The Success Mantra
Practice makes a man perfect. So, make it a habit of practicing your weak as well as strong section daily. Ensure that you cover all types of questions. This will enhance your speed as well. Also, this will help you gain confidence while attempting the same set of questions in the exam.
- 2.Check yourself
Before starting your preparation first go for a proper analysis of yourself. Identify the following parameters first – What are your strengths? What topics are you good at? What are your areas of improvement? Where do you need more time to practice?
- 3.Speed and Accuracy
These are the most essential tools to clear any Bank exam. Always try to attempt questions in which you are sure of your answers first. Try to avoid any negative marking wherever possible. Most of the aspirants believe that Speed is the most principal factor, but in reality, it is not. There are multiple factors that play important roles in SBI PO exam. Candidates, with average speed, have managed to perform excellently and have produced satisfactory results by perfecting their Accuracy.
- 4.Time Management
While preparing for exam as well as during the exam, make sure that you focus on the amount of time you take for a question/ section. Remember, you should never waste your time on questions that you are not sure about. There are a lot of other questions to solve and score. Also, be careful with your selection of the questions. You are not under any compulsion to solve every question.
- 5.Online Practice tests
These are the best way to check your performance. Online Practice Tests will also help you increase your speed, along with smooth and easy movement across sections. While doing online mock tests, try to focus on clearing sectional as well as overall cut off. For this, you should also attempt the quizzes on a regular basis.
- 6.Clear all Doubts
Doubts should be cleared as and when they arise. If you have a doubt or any concept is not clear, then clear it with your mentors or with your friends. Spot your weakness and work on it.
- 7.Proper Planning
It is a key step to clear any exam. If you do not plan your preparation for exam correctly, you will eventually pay for it in the end.
- Before appearing for exam, make sure that you know all about complete syllabus of examination. It is important to know the latest pattern of exam before appearing for the same.
- Check last year’s SBI PO solved question papers and memory based papers for an exact idea of the exam pattern and level.
- Make small notes while preparing for exam, like shortcuts, formulas, tricks, important points for last time revision.
- Do not spend too much time on a single topic.
- 8.Smart Strategy for different sections of Mains Exam –
Have a look at the strategy that you should follow for individual sections while preparing for this exam here
- A. General Awareness –
- It is one of the easiest sections of SBI PO Mains Exam.
- Make sure that you cover Current, Banking (Economy) & Static news of last 4-5 months.
- To score maximum marks in this section, make a habit of reading & revising the news on a regular basis.
- Try to cover news from different topics like- Banking Terminology, Recent RBI News, SBI Bank in News, National + International News, Sports News, Awards, Summits & Conferences, Schemes, Agreement & Deals, etc.
- B. English Section –
- It is the most avoided and least prepared section. If you are weak or average in this section then make a habit of practicing questions of this section on a regular basis.
- Reading Comprehension – Practice 2 sets of RCs daily. You can consider reading the questions first before reading the passage. While reading the passage itself, you will be able to mark the answers and all questions can be attempted in one go of the passage.
- Cloze test, Para jumble, Fill in the blanks & Spotting Error, Sentence Improvement – Practice 5 sets of each topics daily.
- Develop reading habits, and start reading a newspaper. This is very important for you to include in your daily routine. Reading habits will help you understand the reading comprehension quickly and answer question easily.
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude –
- At present reasoning is the most difficult section in any banking exams and we expect it to be the same this time too.
- Some students don’t know how to tackle this section and always start with the first questions or with puzzles but this is not a smart strategy.
- Try to practice following topics –
Sitting Arrangement & Puzzle (High Level)
Coding Decoding based on new pattern.
Computer Aptitude- (flow chart)
- Data Interpretation & Analysis –
- Data Interpretation & Analysis has always been the most difficult section in the banking exams.
- Most of you may be comfortable in this section but never be over confident in exam.
- If you are average in this section then make a habit of practicing this section on a regular basis and cover all the important topics. These are-
Double Pie Chart
Double Line Chart
Bar Graph (Single)
- Descriptive test –
- The Descriptive Test will be conducted online. It will consist of two types of questions i.e. Letter and Essay Writing.
- Develop reading habits, and start reading a newspaper. This is very important for you to include in your daily routine. You can write on the Editorial Topic which you read in the morning.
- A. General Awareness –
- 9.Believe in yourself: –
- This is essential. Before you appear for any exam, you should first believe in yourself. Remember, if you can dream it, you will make it for sure.
- Try to crack Bank Exams because you “want” to and not because you “have” to or “prove” yourself to someone.
- Stop thinking about the result and just focus on the way. Keep yourself calm in exam days.
- Hard work never goes in vain. It always repays in some form or the other, sooner or later.
- 10. Final Tip.
- Online Examination is an exam which needs preparation as well as smartness.
- Feel free – Start your SBI PO preparation with an open mind.
- Never lose your focus from your goal.
- The best way to prepare and assess your performance is by practicing full length mock tests based on the updated pattern. Also, if you are weak in a particular section, you can also attempt Reasoning, Quant & English Section Tests and Improve your weak areas. To help you in your preparation, gradeup has launched a SBI PO Test Series in Hindi & English which you can attempt through following link:
Don’t forget to download gradeup exam preparation app for SBI PO mains exam preparation!
All the best for your exam..